Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heavenly Strawberry Fudge

These Strawberry Fudge squares scream "Bite Me!" Bet you can't take just one bite!
As featured on top ten at
linkparty

Pure sugar bliss!

Creamy and rich with a hint of strawberry, AND pink!

With Valentine's Day right around the corner this is a perfect treat to whip up for anyone...

the kids, parents, neighbors, friends, significant other.

Anyone would love to receive this treat.

And it is quick and easy to make, and my favorite part is that it is homemade candy that doesn't require a candy thermometer!




Strawberry Fudge
Ingredients
3 C. sugar
¾ C. butter, cut up
1 (5 oz.) can of evaporated milk
2 C. (12 oz. pkg) white chocolate chips
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
2 tsp. strawberry extract
red food coloring
desired toppings, sprinkles, colored sugar

Directions
Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over edges. Coat foil with butter.Set aside.

In a 3 quart microwave safe bowl combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk.


Microwave uncovered for 2 min., then stir.


Microwave for 5 min. and stir. Be careful and watch to be sure it doesn’t bubble over, may have to stir again after 3-4 min. depending on microwave.


Microwave 2 more min.

Add chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth.


Add marshmallow creme and strawberry extract, stir until combined thoroughly.


Stir in a couple of drops of liquid red food coloring to tint pink.

Pour into prepared pan.


Sprinkle with desired toppings.


Cover and chill until firm, at least 1-2 hours.


Use foil to lift out of pan and cut into squares.


Store tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week!

I am somewhat picky when it comes to fudge and I usually don't do a "fantasy fudge". Although, if you don't tell me I won't snub any fudge you push my way, "fantasy" or not.

If you don't know what I am talking about when I say "fantasy fudge" it is typically the fudge made with marshmallow creme. Don't know why I tend to stay away from these, especially since I am not good at making homemade fudge the old fashioned way, but I just think nothing compares to old fashioned fudge.

Guess I have grew up around too many women who can make old fashioned fudge literally with their eyes closed, no measuring cups in hand, and definitely no candy thermometer. *SIGH*ENVY*

Obviously I have high standards to live up to around here.

And if I have to whip out a candy thermometer then I am doomed. But I am trying to do better.

Having said that, this recipe is definitely what I would consider a "fantasy fudge" and I LOVE IT!


So, whip up some in 15 min. or less and share the LOVE!

and if you can't tell...
I'm Lovin' It
Check out what everyone else is lovin' this week over at Tidymom

Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Also, being Crazy Domestic over at:


linkparty

and

Sharing My Sweet Tooth over at Sweet Tooth Friday

Until Next Time,

Happy Baking and Happy Valentine's Day!

Lynn



16 comments:

  1. Oh my this fudge looks amazing!! Love the bite thats been taken out of one piece!! It must be tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for good fudge recipes lately, so I'll have to try this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. strawberry fudge? what a great idea! I always think of chocolate or peanut butter when it comes to fudge but this looks so tasty and unexpected. Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberry fudge? You have my attention. ;) Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look heavenly! Very creative. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pink strawberry variation of fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pink fudge is perfect for Valentines day!! Thanks so much for sharing such a great creation with us!
    Cheers
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter will relish this confection... She's 5, adores Snow White, loves strawberry and the color PINK! I think your blog is terrific. I present you with a STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD! Please take this link to my post for more details. http://bit.ly/i5cUlV Best, Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooks: Thanks for the award! I will pay it forward this week! That is way too kind!!! Love all your cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strawberry fudge? That sounds heavenly!

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I brought this to a meeting tonight and it got rave reviews! Though I had to use raspberry extract because I couldn't find the strawberry. Still so very yummy! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum! Now I have to try the raspberry version as well!

      Delete
  12. Jen: Glad it was a huge hit. It usually is but I have found a few that don't like it! I am sure the raspberry was just as good!!! Glad you got to try it and share it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberry fudge! This looks fantastic! Looking forward to giving it a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing!
    But is there a substitute for marshmallow creme?
    I dont have them where I live .

    ReplyDelete