Sunday, February 27, 2011

THE Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies~ Pull up a chair and some milk



This Chocolate Chip Cookie really is the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Crunchy around the edges, soft and chewy on the inside, and amazing flavor of a sweet buttery, sugar cookie with lots of chocolate flavor.

That is why it is my go to chocolate chip cookie, I have a close second, my Derby Day Chocolate Chip Cookie.

This weekend was one of those great weekends!

Sun is shining, it is 60 degrees outside versus the 30 something degree weather we had this time last year, birds are chirping, my St. Patty's S'mores Bars were chosen by Cheryl over at TidyMom in her wrap up party (enter me squealing in excitement, I just love TidyMom so I am definitely Lovin' This, sorry I couldn't resist!, it is one of my TOP fav spots on the internet), the girls got to play outside, and my husband requests these cookies.

(and ok so the birds weren't chirping but everything else above is true)

Out of all the things I make, all the new things I try to make, weekly...

My husband comes out with, "Can you please make those Chocolate Chip Cookies?! You know the ones... and don't change the recipe, ANY!"

Ummm... Ok, so why would I change the recipe?

Hmmmm... Ok, maybe he knows me too well. And that I have to try new things in the kitchen ALL the time.

But this really is one of those recipes you just don't CHANGE! and if you do, you always come back to the way it is..

because it is just that darn good!

THE Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
If I could remember where this recipe came from I would tell youmakes ~ 40 medium size cookies



Ingredients


2 ¼ C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
¾ C. white and packed dark brown sugar
2 sticks of sweet butter at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12 oz.) package of chocolate chips (I use regular chocolate chips, you can use semi-sweet if you prefer)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in bowl and set aside.

Mix regular sugar and brown sugar at low speed until just incorporated with each other.

Add butter in small amounts, mixing first at low speed and then switch to high speed. Beat until mixtures is light and very fluffy.
(almost like whipped cream)

See how it is clinging to the beater?
Add vanilla at a low speed the switch to high speed for a few seconds.

Add eggs, doing the same, first at low speed then switch to high speed for final second or so. Eggs should be well beaten in and mix should look creamed and smooth, not curdled.

Add flour mixture, a half a cup at a time, mixing at low speed for abut a minute then switch to high speed for a few seconds.

Scrape down bowl’s side with spatula and add chocolate chips and mix in at low speed briefly.

Put tablespoons of mix on an ungreased cookie sheet. 


Bake until cookies are pale golden brown. Approximately 9 minutes.

Remove and transfer to wire rack to cool.

Serve warm or store in airtight container to enjoy later.

And enter this:



This is pretty much what happens over and over ~ 40 times per batch!!

If you are lucky enough to catch it in that slow mo!

Sometimes it is less bites than that but I try to be lady like, especially in public, so I couldn't share the other version of me stuffing my face in 2 bites or less!


And so it was one of those great weekends for everyone, nice weather, everone enjoyed the sunshine, I got to bask in my own self glory i.e. being featured on Tidymom (which no one else in the house understood, but that is ok, I enjoyed it!) and all enjoyed THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE!

So, Thanks to Cheryl over @ Tidymom for Lovin' St. Patty's S'mores
and
for THE Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie

Shhh... I am sharing my secret recipe over at:
The Girl Creative


Sumo Sweet Stuff

Until Next Time,
Happy Baking!

9 comments:

  1. These do look like the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I'd like one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wanted to let you know that I am giving you the "One Lovely Blog" Award that you can get here: http://theculturaldish.blogspot.com/2011/02/traditional-irish-soda-bread.html

    And your cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY looking, I need to run to my kitchen aid mixer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum cookies! I love your photo strip of the cookies getting eaten! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! What a great mix of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum :) Everybody loves a good chocolate chip cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, as always...my mouth is water after reading your blog! Congrats on being featured on Tidy Mom!! That is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yummmm! it's almost midnight where i am right now & i am just about ready to try your recipe!

    Thanks for the recipe! bookmarking it to try it soon! :)

    I am a new blogger & blogs like yours inspire me! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best combination ever: cookies and milk! Just wonderful, thank you for sharing, and have great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete