|Warm, butter, and cinnamon. Need I say anymore?|
Sorry, but you will be hooked.
So, I apologize ahead of time.
French Breakfast Puffs
makes ~ 3 dozen mini muffins
from Granny's Kitchen
⅓ C. butter
½ C. sugar
1 ½ c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg
½ C. milk
½ C. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
⅓ C. butter, melted
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease mini muffin pans.
Sift dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg together and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg; mix thoroughly.
Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk.
Fill greased muffin tins ⅔ full.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 min. or until light brown.
While muffins are baking melt butter for coating.
Mix cinnamon and sugar.
Take out of pan immediately and dip in butter then in cinnamon sugar mixture.
These are a delight! Sinful breakfast doughnut, if you will. But you must have them at least once in your lifetime!
Speaking of delights I was recently passed along a Stylish Blogger Award by a fellow blogger,
Mr. Brooks Walker over at CakeWalker
As part of receiving the Stylish Blogger Award you are supposed to share 7 things about yourself, little tidbits others may not know about you, so here we go:
1. I wish I could sing. (I mean like really sing, professionally)
2. When I was 7 or 8 I was chosen to perform with the Georgia Ballet in the Nutcracker.
3. Both of my daughters names are inspired from the beautiful Audrey Hepburn and water
4. When I was little I wanted to grow up and be a mechanic (and yes I played with matchbox cars)
5. I love the beach/water
6. Nashville, TN is one of my favorite cities to visit (even though it is nowhere near the beach)
7. I am Speech-Language Pathologist by training!
So, I am paying it forward and passing along a Stylish Blogger Award to some blogs that I follow and would like to share: (in random order)
1. Cultural Dish Amazing cakes and amazing decorating! She is very inspiring for us amateur home cake decorators!
(check out her Recent Cakes and browse her other recipes as well!)
2. Munchkin Munchies Always has the cutest ideas for serving up! Very creative!
3.Will Run For Health A great place to visit for all things healthy and get your laughs in while there. Carla shares her adventures in training for marathons (running, spin class, yoga) as well as her love of food, usually vegetarian style. Check out her 365 project of her food adventures, ordered out or homemade! (she gets pretty creative with her food sometimes! Let's just say she's not afraid to play with her food!)
4. A Southern Fairytale: I stumbled upon this amazing blog through a link party and I am so glad I did. Lovely savory recipes. She shares amazing recipes, lovely food pics. Not overdone, all just right!
5. Katrina's Kitchen A newbie like me to blogging, but has a love of food! Her recipes thus far have all been keepers! Check out this Coffee Shop Banana Streusel Muffins recipe from Katrina. (She has already been awarded a Stylish Blogger award but I love her blog so I am passing along another!)
6. Sweetsugarbelle Need anything cookies? This is the lady to check out! AMAZING cookies and she is so creative with her cutters and designs. I could drool over these cookies for hours!
7. Flour Dusted Makes amazing bundt cakes among other things! (Haven't had the pleasure of actually tasting them, but the pictures say enough!) Delish!
8. Burnmenot I pass this along to Lindsey because I always enjoy her recipes and she seems to have similar tastes as me and I think anyone would enjoy her recipes!
9. DayDreamer Desserts A beautiful food blog with creative recipes and beautiful pics. Wish I could come up with some of her recipes, but guess I will just have to make them!
10. Adventures in Food I was just introduced to this blog but love all the recipes thus far and a nice clean blog design, I will be continuing to follow
I am a newbie at blogging so I think this is a fun way to say I like your blog and share other blogs!
So, if you want to participate and were on my list please pay it forward!
For all others, Please check out these blogs I think you will enjoy and find something you like!
And don't forget to make some French Breakfast Puffs aka Baked Doughnuts, death by butter and sugar, I mean wholesome deliciousness!
I am getting my craft on over at:
Sharing Real Food Wednesday
Until Next Time,