Tuesday, February 15, 2011

French Breakfast Puffs aka Baked Doughnuts

Warm, butter, and cinnamon. Need I say anymore?

Ok, so these have been going around but I wanted to share ...

Just in case you haven't had one!

You must make these this weekend!

Sorry, but you will be hooked.

And there won't be leftovers, because you have to eat them warm, and dang it you just start popping them into your mouth, because you say "mmm... that was good, just one more" and then "one more".

So, I apologize ahead of time.




French Breakfast Puffs
makes ~ 3 dozen mini muffins

from Granny's Kitchen




Ingredients

Puffs
⅓ C. butter
½ C. sugar
1 egg
1 ½ c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg
½ C. milk

Coating
½ C. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
⅓ C. butter, melted


DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease mini muffin pans.

Sift dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg together and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar.

Add egg; mix thoroughly.

Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk.

Fill greased muffin tins ⅔ full.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 min. or until light brown.

While muffins are baking melt butter for coating.

Mix cinnamon and sugar.

Take out of pan immediately and dip in butter then in cinnamon sugar mixture.

Serve hot.


These are a delight! Sinful breakfast doughnut, if you will. But you must have them at least once in your lifetime!

So indulge.

Speaking of delights I was recently passed along a Stylish Blogger Award by a fellow blogger,
Mr. Brooks Walker over at CakeWalker



As part of receiving the Stylish Blogger Award you are supposed to share 7 things about yourself, little tidbits others may not know about you, so here we go:

About me:

1. I wish I could sing. (I mean like really sing, professionally)

2. When I was 7 or 8 I was chosen to perform with the Georgia Ballet in the Nutcracker.

3. Both of my daughters names are inspired from the beautiful Audrey Hepburn and water

4. When I was little I wanted to grow up and be a mechanic (and yes I played with matchbox cars)

5. I love the beach/water

6. Nashville, TN is one of my favorite cities to visit (even though it is nowhere near the beach)

7. I am Speech-Language Pathologist by training!

So, I am paying it forward and passing along a Stylish Blogger Award to some blogs that I follow and would like to share: (in random order) 

1. Cultural Dish   Amazing cakes and amazing decorating! She is very inspiring for us amateur home cake decorators!


(check out her Recent Cakes and browse her other recipes as well!)


2. Munchkin Munchies Always has the cutest ideas for serving up! Very creative!


3.Will Run For Health  A great place to visit for all things healthy and get your laughs in while there. Carla shares her adventures in training for marathons (running, spin class, yoga) as well as her love of food, usually vegetarian style. Check out her 365 project of her food adventures, ordered out or homemade! (she gets pretty creative with her food sometimes! Let's just say she's not afraid to play with her food!)


4. A Southern Fairytale: I stumbled upon this amazing blog through a link party and I am so glad I did. Lovely savory recipes. She shares amazing recipes, lovely food pics. Not overdone, all just right!


5. Katrina's Kitchen  A newbie like me to blogging, but has a love of food! Her recipes thus far have all been keepers!  Check out this Coffee Shop Banana Streusel Muffins recipe from Katrina. (She has already been awarded a Stylish Blogger award but I love her blog so I am passing along another!)


6. Sweetsugarbelle Need anything cookies? This is the lady to check out! AMAZING cookies and she is so creative with her cutters and designs. I could drool over these cookies for hours!


7. Flour Dusted  Makes amazing bundt cakes among other things! (Haven't had the pleasure of actually tasting them, but the pictures say enough!) Delish!


8. Burnmenot  I pass this along to Lindsey because I always enjoy her recipes and she seems to have similar tastes as me and I think anyone would enjoy her recipes!


9. DayDreamer Desserts A beautiful food blog with creative recipes and beautiful pics. Wish I could come up with some of her recipes, but guess I will just have to make them!

10. Adventures in Food I was just introduced to this blog but love all the recipes thus far and a nice clean blog design, I will be continuing to follow

I am a newbie at blogging so I think this is a fun way to say I like your blog and share other blogs!

So, if you want to participate and were on my list please pay it forward!

For all others, Please check out these blogs I think you will enjoy and find something you like!

And don't forget to make some French Breakfast Puffs aka Baked Doughnuts, death by butter and sugar, I mean wholesome deliciousness! 


I am getting my craft on over at:
Today's Creative Blog


and




Until Next Time,
Happy Baking!

Lynn


20 comments:

  1. Lynn, I am honored that you gave this to me and I am overwhwlmed by your kind words! I am certainly new at this but people like you encourage me to keep at it. :) We follow a lot of the same blogs!

    Hopefully I will get my act together soon and be able to post the things about me and also pay it forward. I'm just getting back on my feet. Whew!

    Thanks again so very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! And what a way to feel not so guilty if too much of puffs are eaten- baked not fried! thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet these little muffins melt in your mouth!

    Thanks so much for thinking of me and passing on the award! I enjoy your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the award and the lovely compliments!

    Those doughnut puffs look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I posted a new recipe along with the stylish blogger award. You made my day! :)

    Here's the link: http://theculturaldish.blogspot.com/2011/02/cocktails-with-award.html

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! We therapist's must support each other. :) I have bookmarked this recipe. My kids will think I'm the best mom ever when I make these this weekend. Thank you.

    xxoo,
    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont normally like sweet things for breakfast but these look yummy and so easy to make. Newest blog follower from Wed blog hop. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following from a Wed. blog hop. These look yummy!
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower from welcome wednesday and I have to try these even with your warning lol. Hope you will stop by to follow me at www.skinnyonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pastries look amazing

    congratulations on your award

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lynn! You are too kind for including me in on this award. I'm very honored!

    P.S. These breakfast puffs look delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't made these in ages, but I do remember they are delicious. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm....so yummy puffs....I couldn't resist the rolled in sugar goodness.

    Thank you for thinking of me with the award. Very sweet of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing! It's yummy and guilt free, can be enjoyed anytime of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute blog, Lynn! Oh and those sweet french puffs look so yummy:) Thanks for the recipe.. will try it out. I am now following you thanks to Welcome Wednesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous. See you there!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made these over the weekend...AWESOME! They truly are addictive, especially hot from the oven! Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barb: Glad you got to try these!! I love sharing great recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to invite you to link up to
    "Made it on Monday" a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK I host on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see some of your recipes soon! :)

    ReplyDelete