Saturday, December 11, 2010

Part II of the Gingerbread House Saga: To roll or not to roll

Um... Ok, remember the "I am stoked, I WILL make gingerbread, nothing will stop me, no second thoughts here momma!" Well...  there was this :
Mixing, easy, breezy, let the pink machine do the job!
Then there was this:
Dealing with the pink machines results ~ the dough!
Again, to roll or not to roll, I feel second thoughts about this whole homemade gingerbread thing coming on. So, I rolled, and rolled, and rolled, and cut and cut some more, then fling some sticky dough off the hands, try and hold three spatulas to support a roof at one time!

Boy you really need more than two hands to make gingerbread houses, but usually those extra hands don't appear until it is time to decorate the house.

 So, the second thoughts appear, I hear the mumblings of my husband again about how "I made a gingerbread house from scratch in middle school" Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's called Home Economics, do they still have that anymore?

anyways, I divert back, sorry... So, stay tune to see if the dough is scraped (oh, no, I'm the gingerbread man, you can't catch me... or maybe I'm the gingerbread house, you better run!!) or baked! (DU...du.. du...)

Place your bets people!

4 comments:

  1. I now buy gingerbread house kits! LOL Love your blog. Your babies are gorgeous! Your dad shared this blog with me. Ronda (aka: Mrs. Sheppard) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Sheppard,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and hope you continue to follow and enjoy! and Thanks I am bias about my babies :0) I will be continuing this gingerbread house saga to help others determine whether to buy or bake... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gingerbread houses from scratch??? You've won my award for mother of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla,
    Thanks, you are too kind, but um, by far not the mother of the year, but they seem to have fun joining me in my kitchen adventures!

    Hope your marathon went well!

    ReplyDelete