Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Traditions ~ Giving and Receiving

Well, with it being a long weekend for my family I thought that the Monday after Christmas would be a good time to revisit Holiday traditions.

If you can't tell by now I am really not wanting to let go of Christmas, that means decorations go down, no more Christmas cards, I have to think of another reason to make ten dozen cookies...

There are just some things that just come once a year, ya know what I mean?! 

Like this...

So, one of my favorite things I look forward to each year is the before mentioned...

Pratt's Honey Glazed Ham


Thanks to my most wonderful neighbors. You see their tradition I guess you could say is giving Pratt's Ham at Christmas time, instead of the homemade goodie tins some people make, they give a Pratt's Ham! I had never had one until they gave us our first one several years ago, now I look forward to it all year long!! 

I am a country ham kind of girl at Christmas time, that is my family's tradition. My Dad and Mom baby a country ham soaking it, brining it, soaking it, etc., etc., etc.  I still have yet to this day to be brave enough to attempt the process myself, because if you don't take care of a country ham just right, it well, just tastes like you licked a salt block! 
Country Ham
Ok, back to where I started so the fact that I get excited about another kind of ham is amazing to me, but Pratt's Ham did it for me! So, that is a new "tradition" I look forward to every year at Christmas time.

There are so many things I look forward to at Christmas time and will be sad to see go, like the,

Christmas tree,


















Christmas songs (my husband will be glad the season is over for this),

Christmas cards (I have to be honest I know it is best to give than to receive but this is one of those that I just LOVE to receive, if we are being honest!),

Christmas Cookies ,


                                             


Santa's Cookies (and they look a little better with the Nikon Santa left me!! He must have really liked the cookies!)
I could really go on, and on.. but I have to face it Christmas is officially over,

UNLESS...

We take advantage of the 12 days of Christmas!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that, it actually made me smile when I thought about it!!!

So, we have until Jan. 5th?

Until next time when I return with some treats & recipes,

Happy Baking,

Lynn aka Loco Cocoa

1 comment: