Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Morning Rolls or Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

Whatever you want to call them they are yummy!

This is the Christmas tradition I have started at my house with my children, waking up on Christmas morning to see what Santa left us and having fresh Cinnamon Rolls baking while we open presents!!! (My kind of breakfast! Fast, easy, smells heavenly, and cinnamon and sugar together!)

So, you may be asking why am I giving you this recipe now instead of before Christmas, well these are really just cinnamon rolls but they have become Christmas Morning Rolls at my house becuase that is the only time I will let myself near them or else I would become a cinnamon roll, muffin top, etc., etc., ... you get the picture!

This is truly a very easy recipe, minimal ingredients, most you have around the house. You stir a couple of ingredients, sprinkle some, and let it sit overnight, then just put in to bake and voila!

You have this...


Read more for recipe!


Christmas Morning Rolls (Overnight Cinnamon Rolls)
from Granny's Kitchen
6  ingredients!
  • 1 pkg frozen dinner rolls (24) (the kind that have to rise!)
  • 3/4 C. brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 C. chopped nuts and/or raisins (optional)
  • 1- 3 5/8 oz. pkg. dry butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
  • 1/2 C. butter
Arrange frozen rolls in a well greased, large bundt pan.



Mix sugar and cinnamon together


and pour over rolls
                                      


Layer one at a time chopped nuts, raisins,
                                        
and pudding mix

  

Slice butter and place around rolls.

Cover pan with cloth or foil.

*Loco Cocoa tip: I recommend sitting bundt pan on a lined cooking sheet to catch all the goodness that oozes over the pan while rising overnight and during cooking to cut down on mess!! You can thank me later for saving you the trouble!!!

Let sit overnight on counter top.


Bake next morning at 350 F for 30 min. or until done.

Invert pan on to large serving dish, let sit a few min. so syrup will cover rolls.


My favorite part: Serve hot & Enjoy!!!




Loco Cocoa WARNING: These are easy to make, yummy, and addictive!!! I am forewarning you!! That is why it is best to just rename them "Christmas Rolls", ""Birthday Rolls", whatever it takes so that you make them sparingly!

So, there you go, another sweet treat to enjoy!! I realy do hope you try this recipe.
The smell of yeast rolls rising, like fresh bread combined with cinnamon and brown sugar is amazing, it acts as a freshner for the house in and of itself!!!

Until next time Happy Baking!

Lynn aka Loco Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment